trouble with my sister

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

trouble with my sister

Postby laus_pa » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:23 am

i'm having problems with my sister to put it bluntly shes very selfish every thing has to be about her. if we argue about any thing and my mum is around she always takes my sisters side even if she doesn't understand what we are argumenting about.i don't understand y my sister is like this but she always seems to make sarcastic comments to me.it seems to have got worst since me and my boyfriend have got engaged.she makes remarks like whats the point in getting engaged if ya ain't planning to get married yet.the big problem is that on that this weekend it all came to a head we had all been out on a night out together my mum and my sister were very drunk i was not.my sister got the wrong inpression about some thing i said and started arguing with me and my mum jumped in and started shouting at me.Having had enough i shouted back at my mum and told her to shout up and swore a little my mum then got physical and i walked off she followed and started again i managed to walk off but was deeply upset by this.having cooled down i decided that it would be a good idea to text my mum and say sorry for blowing up at her as i thought this was a good way of sorting things out my mums reply was to twist the whole situation around on to me and make it my fault.its now a very tense situation at home and i don't know what to do please help
laus_pa
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby JennaXXX » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:54 am

Maybe it would be best if you stayed around your fiancee's house or a friends for a few nights? Just until things cool down...
It sounds to me like your sister may be a little jealous of you and your partner. There is no excuse for her to act like this though.
Maybe try writing a letter to your mum and sister explaining how you feel? Dont accuse them of anything just explain how you want the situation to improve and that certain things that they do and say hurt you.
For the time being try not to be drawn into petty arguments with either of them. If you feel yourself getting angry or upset then leave the room for a while.
I am sure things will work out for the best in the end!
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby arwen » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:09 pm

I've been in the same situation with my mum and sister and know exactly how it feels.
I tried everything from being overly nice, to completely ignoring her, nothing had any effect until I left home.
Sometimes that's what it takes. You say you're engaged, does this mean you will be living with your fiance soon? It can't be far off, so hang on in there, you'll probably find that once you're not living under the same roof you get on fine. (No, I didn't believe all the people that said that to me either but it is true!)
Your sis probably feels she has to compete and your mum has most likely got into a "habit" of defending her - although that doesn't make it right.
PM / msn / Yahoo me if you want to talk about it!
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:03 pm

I've got two questions for you, has your sister always been like this or is it just since you got engaged and is your sister younger then you?
It may just be that she's afraid of things changing at home, having a family member get married could be affecting her, and if your sister is younger that may be the reason your mum keeps taking her side, parents often take the youngest's side because they think that they should stick up for the baby

hope this helps
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Krazycow » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:11 pm

i agree with something totally wrong. parents are like that, always take the younger's side. something totally wrong should know that!!!! even though im an only child, ive watched other people and it always happens.

Life's like a foreign language, all men mispronounce it!!
Krazycow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Location: Trapped somewhere i don't know.... Maybe it's the kitchen?

Return to Siblings