My best friends wedding!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My best friends wedding!

Postby Vic1 » Mon May 12, 2003 2:21 am

I have been best friends with this girl for 16 years, we went to school together, on holiday together, basically we have always been there for each other.
We have grown apart since we both met our partners, which is understandable, but I still think of her as my best friend.
When I got married two years ago she was my witness, I asked my sister to be my bridesmaid, and I asked if my friend minded, she said no, but would have been hurt if I had asked another friend.
Now my so called best friend is getting married next week. I am invited to the wedding but she did not ask me to be bridesmaid and I have not been involved in the wedding plans at all.
She has asked a friend from uni to be a bridesmaid and also a friend who she has only known about 3 years.
I tried to explain how hurt I was but she brushed it away by saying she thought I would not want to be a bridesmaid.

My dilemma is whether or not to go to the wedding, I feel so hurt and it has been on my mind constantly and I am becoming very depressed. What do I do?
:(
Vic1
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Cazza » Mon May 12, 2003 1:17 pm

I think you should go, I know its insensitive of her to not ask you but her wedding is a big deal, she probably too worried about everything else and didn't even think at the time. I wouldn't let this ruin your friendship, even though she didn't think if you this time do really not wanna be there for her on her big day, regardless of what differences you have. In the long run you'll regret going, go and support her, but after the wedding you can discuss how hurt you were and hopefully have a proper talk about it.
Love Carri-Ann x

Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love! - Homer Simpson
Cazza
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Friends