What do you think?

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

What do you think?

Postby Theparadox » Thu May 15, 2003 10:13 am

Hey guys, this has been bugging me for quite some time and I'd like to know what other ppl think...

K is a girl with learning difficulties that I've known for about 5 years and I'm really worried about her. One day about 2 years ago her Dad picked her up from an after school club. I'd never met him before and he gave me the creeps, I just didn't like him. As they turned around to go, he put his hand on her bottom and just left it there. Any of my other mates would be embarassed or something but she seemed totally oblivious. Every time she's with him he's always putting his arm around her, usually the same place, yet her mum never touches her. We both live in halls of residence at college now and I don't see her much during the day but her room is near mine and I notice that she's with a different guy every week. They all constantly grab her, do whatever they want, often in full public view, and she just stands there and does nothing. She's been at home for the last 3 months, been ill and I'm really worried about her. To make things worse, her parents are very friendly with this careers officer who came in to school a lot. He was the same touchy feely type, was always putting his arm around people holding their hands etc and one day me and a group of friends saw him put his hand on a boy's groin. I know i didn't imagine it cos my friend nudged me and looked horrorfied. We never said anything cos this guy is like a 'pillar of society' really popular and highly valued by many and also very sly and sneaky. Lately this has all started to get to me and im so worried about K, what do you guys think
Theparadox
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby misatok11 » Thu May 15, 2003 9:54 pm

You need to talk to her. You also need to be very careful not to be insinuating things that might not be there. Try to casually get on the subject of parents. Normally whinging about the way they treat you, ie. having an argument and try to turn the tables ever so slightly. Good luck but be tactful....
Let us know how you get on.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

umm

Postby briz babe » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:25 am

It sounds to me that this k could be in some danger so talk to her fast before something bad could happen. Dont have the direct approach about it slowly worm your way into the conversation you never know but it could be perfectly inasent.
best of luck I'm here if you wanna talkxx
briz babe
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Return to Friends