I hate my brother

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

I hate my brother

Postby Jess1234 » Tue May 17, 2005 5:05 pm

The subject title says it all really. Hes always trying to beat me up. Hitting me and punching me for no reason. Im in the house on my own with him and his friend at the moment and he wont stop hurting me. It doesnt help that i feel really ill. What can i do about him? How can i make him stop hurting me?
Please help!
Jess xXx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby SugarRainbows » Tue May 17, 2005 6:08 pm

How old are both of you?

Maybe you could tell your parents?

Maybe you could arrange to go out when you know you'll be at home with him?

Sorry you feel like this :( xx
SugarRainbows
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby lilessexgal » Tue May 17, 2005 6:24 pm

im sorry to hear this! it is out of order what he is doing!

yeah how old are you both? have you talked to your parents about this? does your brother realising this is really upsetting you?

by the way i hope you feel better soon.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jess1234 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:59 pm

Hes 12 and im 14 nearly. There is 15months between us. He knowes he is stronger than me and get plessure out of hurting me and my little sister (she is 8). My parents know what hes doing but he mouths off my mom and my dad is the only one who can really control him. Hes been banned from the youth club we go to a few times and we cant go anywhere without him getting into some sort of trouble. Please help im at my wits end.
Jess xXx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby arwen » Wed May 18, 2005 9:37 am

Have you got your own room? When things got to a point with my sister that I just couldn't be in the same house as her, I asked my folks to put a lock on my bedroom door, which they did. As you're 14 now I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for some privacy, and at least you can lock yourself away from him when it gets too much.
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby JennaXXX » Wed May 18, 2005 12:59 pm

You dont deserve to live in fear of your brother. I dont think your parents know just how much this is affecting you. Talk to them again and explain that you are at your wits end. Hopefully they will take you more seriously and help keep you safe from your brother.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Krazycow » Wed May 18, 2005 1:07 pm

you dont have to live like this....tell ur mum and dad and if they still cant stop him tell ur dad to sort him out. r as arwen said, u could go and stay into a room of ur own...ur brother is out of order
i hope he sorts himself out so u dont have to put up with that kind of behaviour....
The fastest way to meet new people is to pick up somebody else's change at a cocktail bar.

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.
Krazycow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Location: Trapped somewhere i don't know.... Maybe it's the kitchen?

Postby BlueRayman » Wed May 18, 2005 2:54 pm

Do you have any male friends bigger than him? I'm sure if one of your guy friends to show him wot its like to be push about by somebody alot stronger and bigger than you.

If he tells you parents just tell them you were outside, your brother was hitting you and stuff, your mate was walking by and though some guy was beating you up! so well he defended you.

Me and my little sister used to fight, well shed spend the week punching and kicking me, calling me names etc then shed over step the mark and i'm have to hit her back BUT never hard or violently only ever in the arm as a warning. LOL man she used to beat rubbish out of me but theres always a little bit of that between siblings but it sounds like your brother needs to know him place.

---Ray
p.s me and my siser get on really well now
It takes more than a bullet to stop fate.
BlueRayman
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Wed May 18, 2005 6:26 pm

arwen wrote:Have you got your own room? When things got to a point with my sister that I just couldn't be in the same house as her, I asked my folks to put a lock on my bedroom door, which they did. As you're 14 now I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for some privacy, and at least you can lock yourself away from him when it gets too much.

No i havent got my own room i share it with my little sister. My brother will just walk in and start hitting us or calling us names, its not very good coz sometimes we can be getting dressed or something and he just wont go away. I am really fed up of the way he treats me. Its not just been happening for a little while hes been like it for ages and is getting worse. Sorry don't mean to keep on just really dont know what to do.
Jess xXx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Wed May 18, 2005 7:53 pm

Talk to your parents again, and keep talking to them until they fully understand. If he barges into your room for no reason when you're doing things, perhaps you could do the exact same thing to him. Whenever he's in the middle of something that he thinks is important, though it might not be, just barge into the room and annoy him.

Has he got a Playstation? Something that very often works is if you stand in front of the TV whilst he's trying to watch it. LOL, do something that will get his attention and carry on doing it until he gets the message...

Ok, so i no that this isn't all that great advise, but I'm still working on some better stuff, so when i get some more ideas, I'll post in...
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:05 pm

Things just keep getting worse and worse i dont know what to do. :cry:
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby arwen » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:08 pm

What's happened now Jess?
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jess1234 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:07 pm

this morning my mom n sister went out and as soon as they had gone he came into and started yelling at me to get up and then when i didnt he hit me so i got up and got dressed and came downstairs and put the telly on and then he came in a grabbed the remote and changed the channel so i came away from and went on the computer he then grabbed some of my sister scoobies and started whipping me with them which really hurts and basically wouldnt leave me alone. Oh he also kept calling me fat (im 5ft 1 and 7 1/2 stone)
sorry for going on
Jess xXx
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby arwen » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:15 pm

Have you told your parents that he hit you?

I can't remember if you said how old he is but does he know that hitting someone is assault - a criminal offence?

This is really serious Jess, I know siblings fight and my sister and I used to fight like a couple of strays but it sounds like he just goes around punching people for no reason - that's sheer thuggery and it's not on.

If your parents can't or won't do anything, would you be able to talk to a teacher at your school who might be able to offer help or advice?
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Jess1234 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:21 pm

Hes 12 but even my friends are scared to come over now and they dont see him at his worst. I told my mom but she is powerless to stop him. The only person who can is my dad and hes hardley ever here. Hes been banned from our youth club countless amounts of times but it all just seems to spur him on.
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Next

Return to Siblings