Haven't got any siblings

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby LME79 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:08 pm

Getting a summer job would be problematic as GurlRock is only 13 years old....
I want to be..a tree..
LME79

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:25 pm

True, but there are lots of little summer jobs out there that offers little jobs to children. When is your birthday Gurlrock? If you got a little baby sitting gig, the age most people go for is fourteen year olds, and there is some times pretty good pay in that.

But like others have said, there is not need to get a job, you can just join some more clubs, plenty of people there who you can talk to.
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Krazycow » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:33 pm

hey, Gurlrock! we are in the same boat together.......damn #-o
The fastest way to meet new people is to pick up somebody else's change at a cocktail bar.

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.
Krazycow
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Location: Trapped somewhere i don't know.... Maybe it's the kitchen?

oh

Postby GurlRock » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:43 pm

Thx am not that sure about the summer job as i am goin on 3 holidays in the 6weeks. I don't think I'll have the time!
I'll spend more time with my friends!!!!!!!!!

Sarah!
POWW
GurlRock
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby x.hunny.x » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:45 am

I'm an only child. I hated it all my life. My mum didnt want me to be an only child and did try and have more but mum had two ectopic pregnancies. I am now 20 and in a relationship so I no longer get lonely but growing up I hated it. I got lonely in school holidays when mum was at work (mum and dad split when I was 14) I often used to sit alone and cry because I longed so much for a brother or sister. Mum used to get upset too because she would have liked to have two children. Hearing my friends moan about their borhter's or sister's made me upset as I thought they should be thnaking their lucking stars that they had a sibling or two. They used to say how lucky I was being an only child but I felt far from lucky. I know now that I wouldnt have had half the things I had and did when I was growing up if I did have a bro or sis. I was no way spoilt (as alot of people think only children are) but then again when you are an only child your parents dont have to split time/money etc between siblings-there is no one else to spend the time or money on. I still wish sometimes now that I had a brother or sister to turn to but I know now that it'll never happen. I guess I have to now be happy with the fact that I have two lovely parents who love me and a great girlfriend who is my sister, my best friend, my girlfriend and my fiancee all rolled into one. So dont ever think you are alone in hating being an only child. I cried alot over it as a younger person. Chin up!!!!
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck & take care.
xXxxXx
x.hunny.x
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Rogue » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:54 am

I was in the same situation as you when I was your age. Only child, older mother who couldn't have any more after she miscarried my potential younger sibling, busy parents who didn't spend much time with me, school friends who travelled in from out of town so weren't around in the evening, etc.
I always wanted a little sister and told my friends who complained about their siblings how lucky they were and how they'd be grateful when they were older.
But, I didn't feel loney. The trick is not to surround yourself with people as often as you can, but to learn to be happy with the time you have to yourself.
I did drama twice a week, brass band, bowling club, choir, so I spent most of my time out of the house with other people and learned how to have fun on my own when I was at home. I was never bored! I had piles of books, wrote stories, recorded my own radio shows on my mum's old tape deck, drew pictures, played computer games, taught myself about electronics and simple computer programming, designed a website and did cross-stitch just to name a few. If you find a couple of things that you enjoy doing that are better done by yourself you won't feel loney. You might even start to feel grateful for those quiet moments when you can persue one of your interests in peace :-).
Rogue
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Previous

Return to Siblings