I hate my brother

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:34 pm

What your brother is doing is not right, he needs to start growing up. He's twelve now, and if he doesn't learn that behaving like this is wrong, then in future years he could get into serious trouble.

The next time your father is home I suggest that you have a serious talk with him - if your brother won't listen to your mother then he has got to listen to him. Have you got any bruises? Perhaps if you should them to your father, he would have to do something. Your dad can't ignore what is right in front of him.

Does your mother know that he treats you this way? If she does then perhaps you can have a word with her and ask if she can speak to your dad about it.

You should also talk to someone at school, it's best if you can get as many adults into this as possible, the more people on your side, the better.

Good luck.
Hello I'm MUNCH and you are?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Cameron2810 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:23 pm

This really shouldnt be happening. My kids fight all the time, but I swear to God if one of them ever hurt another so badly on purpose, I'd come down so hard on them.
Try talking to your parents again. If they still don't listen to you and understand enough to sort your brother out, go to a close relative.
If this still doesnt work, maybe a teacher could help. This has to be sorted before he puts you in hospital, im not saying he'd go that far, but sounds to me like he's hurting you pretty badly. This will hurt you physically and mentally. It has to be sorted.
Cameron xx
Cameron2810
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Jess1234 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:35 pm

Really am feeling bad about my brother today. Its like he can do no wrong. My brother smokes, stayes out till all hours and has at least tried drugs. (At the age of 12) He doesn't get told off though. If i did half the stuff he did i would be in so much trouble. I'm just sick of being treated like dirt by my family. I want to move out. PLease help :cry:
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:09 pm

Does your parents know that he smokes? It doesn't seem fair that they are ignoring all of this stuff. I know that you've tried talking, but what would happen if you wrote a letter to them? I have done this with my mother before, I wrote a letter and just before I left for school I put it somewhere where she would find it. Sometimes parents take more note if you write down how you feel, it doesn't even have to be a letter, just write down a load of stuff about how you feel how upset and ignored you are. You don't even have to say anything about your brother, just write about your emotions, but make sure they will see it.
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:12 pm

Something_totally_Wrong wrote:Does your parents know that he smokes?

Yea they do thats what bugs me the most. Also the fact that he is allowed to hang around with druggies. How the heck are they going to stop him from misbehaving when they let him do all that? :evil:
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:15 pm

And have they just accepted this? Haven't they even spoke to him?
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:17 pm

Something_totally_Wrong wrote:And have they just accepted this? Haven't they even spoke to him?

They spoke to him but now they've just let it drop and i get into trouble not him. It probably seems trivial but its really getting to me.
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Something_totally_Wrong » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:27 pm

It isn't a trivial matter. IT's upsetting you and your parents should realise this. It seems that it has been going on for a while now, try my letter idea, I'm not sure if it'l work, but your parents need to understand how upset you are. You may not realise it, but if you don't get this sorted it'll start to course a rift in your family relationship.
Something_totally_Wrong
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:06 pm

Gotta bring this one up again. He keeps hurting me really badly i had about 6 bruises on my legs at one point. I really am sick of being treated like dirt by my brother. He doesn't care if he hurts me to the point of tears or if he lives a bruise. In fact thats a bonus. He thinks its a joke and just doesn't get how much it hurts. I don't know what to do. I'm not old enough to leave home so i have to stick it out for another two years.
Please help xx
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Kruelty » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:43 pm

i am really stumped about this, there is no reason for him hurting you, is it possible he has a mass hyperactivity and resorts to violence to settle it? because to be honest thats the only thing i can think of. Is your bro hurting your little sis too? Cos if so u really need to talk to your dad, and make sure he dont take no for an answer!! This has gone way outta hand and your dad needs to stop him.

too me it sounds like that boy needs a good spank

hope your ok jess
Kruelty
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Previous

Return to Siblings