quoting

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

quoting

Postby The Lost Soldier » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:41 pm

Can somebody please tell me why some people quote the whole of the opening post and then put their reply when the actually real opening post is only 2 posts up. Am I missing something I don't understand it

Hope that makes sense lol

TLS
The Lost Soldier
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby luvva » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:48 pm

People just do this so the posts don't get confusing. Usually people only quote the bits that they are directly commenting to, and if they quoet the bit the are responding to, the post is clearer.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby The Lost Soldier » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:58 pm

I understand the use of quoting sectiosn but some peole quote the WHOLE 1st post. I also understand if the whole post was quoted if there was a lot of replies. But I've seen some people quoting the WHOLE 1st post for the 3rd/4th reply in the thread.

I don't mean to sound nasty here. I'm just confused as to why people do it
The Lost Soldier
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby sparkly_star » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:01 pm

I assume it's just a personal preference :-? Does seem abit odd to quote the whole thing but maybe they do it so they have the whole post they're replying to infront of them whilst they're typing?
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
sparkly_star
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby luvva » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:24 am

Oh sorry! Didn't realise you were just asking why people quote so much of a post.

Um, yeh, like Sparkly_Star said, it's probably just to see the whole post or something.
luvva
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Return to Forum Support