Goth

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Goth

Postby Angelcake_Angel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:34 pm

Me and My brother keep fighting over the most stupidest lil thing that fact that he's a goth and he wears black and not else but BLACK and he other friends are goths and wear nice baggy blue jeans and their "korn" t shirts and stuff, lol! and i'm tryna explain to him that goths dont wear black 24/7! any ideas how to get him to change outta his smelly clothes and get him into fresh clothes! lol
Angelcake_Angel
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby all_apologies » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:17 pm

There's no use trying to make him wear something different if he is happy and comfortable in black. Instead, just suggest he buys some new black clothes so that he has more than just one outfit and can therefore wash them all regularly!

You telling him to change is probably making him want to do the opposite. I know from experience with my own siblings - if my sister said "you should wear something different" it would make me want to wear what I had on all the more. I know you're only trying to help him, but if you leave off him maybe he'll do it on his own.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Liquidius » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:47 pm

Well - depends on what kinda looks he's going for!

If he doesn't want to wear blue jeans - why should he? It's completely up to him on this one :)
Liquidius
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby arwen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:25 am

Why do you want to change him? It's up to him how he dresses, not you! Leave him be and let him wear whatever he wants - would you change your dress style if he didn't like it?? :-?
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby lilessexgal » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:46 am

yeah i think that if hes comfortable with what he wears then let him wear it. you shouldnt let it bother you what your brother wears or does.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby nothings_shocking » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:00 pm

I'm afraid only he can say when he wants to change and what he wants to wear.
You cannot tell him what to wear. It's like him telling you, you are not wearing that because it is too short/low cut.
Just leave him to it. It may just be a phase.
nothings_shocking
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby slayerad2000 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:32 pm

i have been into metal music since i was 11 years old and have worn black everyday since
it's really nothing to do with the music it's down to personal choice
i like the colour black and feel more comfortable than wearing bright colors
slayerad2000
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Angelcake_Angel » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:49 pm

:roll: I NEVER SAID HE HAD TO WEAR BRIGHT COLOURS, I WAS JUST TRYNA EXPLAIN THAT HE WEARS NOTHING BUT BLACK... WHICH IS FINE IF HE WANTS TO WALK ABOUT LOOKING LIKE THAT. BUT ITS THE SAME PAIR OF BLACK JEANS EVERY SINCE DAY AND SAME T SHIRTS WHEN ONE IS DIRTY ITS THE OTHER HE WONT EVEN WEAR A PLAIN BLACK T-SHIRT....HAS TO BE KORN OR SLIPNOT OR WHATEVER THAT STUFF IS, HE HAS LOADS OF CLOTHES NICE JEANS AND THAT BUT HE WONT HAVE IT, HE'S JUST GETTING REALLY GRUBBY NOW, I DONT TALK TO HIM ANYMORE SO IT DON'T MATTER!
Angelcake_Angel
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby PurePurple » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:08 pm

My friend is a goth but you wouldnt believe it. Just leave him and im sure in time he will start wearing other things than black. He cant wear black all the time surely. :-? Or his clothes are going to start to smell real bad, because black intakes lots of heat which makes you sweat. So hes gonna have to get out of that black some day.

xxxx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby arwen » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:34 am

Perhaps you should try being a little less shallow and judge people on their personality instead of what colour clothes they choose to wear? Personally I would rather wear what I feel comfortable in than blend in with all the other trendy sheep who haven't got an independent opinion between them - pathetic!
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:02 pm

hold on a minute, she was only saying that he wears one type of clothes! Basically saying the guy doesn't get changed! I think this defines a hygiene problem.

Why not just buy him some more Korn, or slipknot, or whatever they are, t-shirts so that he has a few options and can change on a regular basis?
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Postby arwen » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:06 pm

captain_flynn wrote:Basically saying the guy doesn't get changed! I think this defines a hygiene problem.

Fair enough if that's the case. I got the impression she also had a problem with his choice of what colour clothes he wore, which would be extremely small-minded.

Leave some soap and washing powder on his bed and see if he takes the hint (although if you've already been arguing over it he may be doing it just to annoy you!)
arwen
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby captainf » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:03 pm

lol he could take that as an insult. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember how the runway lights looked one night long ago when you were lost and found your way, and how-you still dont know?
captainf
Long Term Lodger
Long Term Lodger

Return to Siblings