my 'best friend' went Psycho.... help!

Maybe you have fallen out with your mate, or perhaps you are about to betray them - whatever it is, talk about it here.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

my 'best friend' went Psycho.... help!

Postby Luke » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:44 pm

I was friends with alot of girls through the school years, but as most of them went to college, me and some of the girls stayed in school.
Since then my 'best friend' changed and didnt bother with me so much (i took this as just a fact of growing up), but it seemed to me that she only talked to me or confided in me when no-one else was there to talk to, through all my trouble-some teen years i have not been able to talk to her and started getting close to my new best(guy) friend, we soon started dating.
Forwarding some months(of boring school work and everything staying the same), it was the night of the local prom, and everything was going fine until (as all accidents happen at the wrong time) i accicently spilt wine on my friends dress, feeling slightly saddened by causing the accident, i went outside to cool down, soon after my boyfriend and my other friend joined me, not far behind was my so-called "best friend", this is where it turned ugly...
she came out ranting and screaming about everything, about spilling the wine, about.. basicly everything, when my boyfriend stepped in to back her off she phyiscly attacked him, slapping him and strangling him even though he told her he wouldnt hurt a girl and wouldnt hit her back. she was very frightening that night and we havent spoken since, then a few weeks later she phones me up and acts like nothing happened, however, after seeing her again and speaking to her, she then has another go at me.

i dont know how to handle the situation or her.
Luke
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Luke » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:46 pm

NOTE: i am using my boyfriends login account on this website, i am his girlfriend
Luke
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:50 pm

Well if i was you i'd tell her to P**s off!!
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Luke » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:55 pm

she's very manipulative and gets people to think she's the victim, its difficult to do anything without looking like the badguy
Luke
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:24 am

On the night that your so called mate went mental and attacked your boyfriend why didn't you or your boyfriend contact the police and get this girl charged with assult? You may say that the police wouldn't believe you, but this day and age you do get females attacking men and being locked up for it. But back to the point anyway if you really don't want to be this girl's mate anymore, just tell her so and your reason's, but if you still want to her friend, get together with her and have a chat over what happened that night, ask her why she did it, and tell her it frightened you.

Sorry but thats the best advice i can offer you.
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Luke » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:37 pm

thanks for the advise,
just to update:- we're no-longer speaking at all, i cant look at her the same anymore.
thanks for everyone's advise on this.
Luke
Just Landed
Just Landed

Return to Friends