Suggestion for PP

Are you a registered user having trouble using the forums? Come here to ask for support, especially if something doesn't work as expected.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Suggestion for PP

Postby The Lost Soldier » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:31 pm

I don't know if this is possible but how about having some kind of Icon telling you what threads you have posted in. For example where it has a symbol meaning somebody else has replied since last visit, could there not be like a green dot or something added next to that symbol to show that you have put a reply in that thread.

I'm asking this because I often reply to problems and sometimes I forget what subject it was or that I even did it and I would like to know how people responded to my responses.

TLS
The Lost Soldier
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jess1234 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:48 pm

You can click on a button that says watch this post which sends you an email when someone replies. Does that help?
~ Vision is knowing who you are, where you are going, and what will guide your journey ~
Jess1234
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby The Lost Soldier » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:43 pm

it could do but would mean I have to do that for every thread I post. I just wondered if there was a way for the admins or seomthing just to tweak the programme or something and just simply give a clear symbol next to any posts that you have posted in.
The Lost Soldier
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby peecee » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:59 pm

Go to your profile; scroll down to "preferences", click on "always notify of me replies".

Easy! :)
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby The Lost Soldier » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:05 pm

won't doing that just foever be filling up my inbox with 'somebody has replied!' emails. Wouldn't it be best to be able to see all this information once you get onto the PP website?

I'm not meaning to be picky here lol, just seeing what can be done if possible lol
The Lost Soldier
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Jo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:33 pm

Hiya, nothing wrong with making suggestions!

The kind of thing you are suggesting would be done by the people who make phpBB OR by someone who wanted to make a 'mod' for it. There may already be one like you describe.

If you want to check, go to www.phpbb.com

Although I'm not promising to install it!
Jo
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby saz » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:33 pm

One way you can currently do it is to click on all 'View your posts' and it takes you through what you last posted on, not ideal i know but you can tell from this what replies they have had too
Doesn't really matter what the eye is seeing
cos i'm in love with the inner being
saz
Taken Root
Taken Root

Return to Forum Support