Step Brother

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Step Brother

Postby Problem_Prone » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:48 pm

this is gonna sound so mean but i totally hate my step brother , my mum and his dad have been together for 5years and have just got married

3months ago it all came out that my step brother had raped me on more than one occasion and now i am made to live with him day in day out

my mum says it will be ok but everytime i see him i get scared he will do it again as he did it so easy before

i would be greatful for any advice e.c.t
Problem_Prone
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby PurePurple » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:59 pm

Hi,
If i were you i would get some councelling, this shouldn't be happening to you. Do you have any idea why he raped you?

I can understand why you are scared to live with him or go near him. I would also call the police because this is an offence he shouldn't have commited. Sit down with your mum and his dad and tell them the full story and explain to them how scared you are.
Good luck
Beth
xx
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Problem_Prone » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:01 pm

The police know they put it down to "exspermenting"
Problem_Prone
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby LICKLELEA » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:43 am

I think you really need to talk to your mum and tell the whole truth about this - it seems to me that she doesn't know the whole story and its not fair to expect you to live with him especially if you are so scared and he would have the opportunity of doing this to you again.

What happened with the police? They are meant to be there to protect you and not give your step brother excuses. Maybe you should insist on pressing charges, don't give in, he needs to know that he has done wrong.

Can I ask how old you are?, and how old were you when you were raped?
LICKLELEA
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby danielle » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:55 am

i totally agree that u shouldnt have to live with him even if he is your step brother if a stranger raped you u wouldnt be expected to live with them and act as if nothing has happened. i think u should speak to your mom and explain how upsetting it is having him there if she still expects u to live with him then i think u should do somethind about it.
i mean how old are you?
could u move to your dads?
is there any chance you could move out?
if not then i think a lock on your bedroom door should at least make u feel safe when u go to bed and just try not to be on your own with him?
im really sorry if i havent helped you but i hope i have alittle
Good Luck Babe x x x x x x
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby PurePurple » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:12 pm

Problem_Prone wrote:The police know they put it down to "exspermenting"

Huh experimenting! He's your step brother, he has no right to do that to you.
PurePurple
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby brielle » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:28 pm

yes get a lock on your bedroom door right this minute, and ask your mum," who is actually sticking up for your rights "in this new family, put your foot down, and let everyone know what has happened, it may be a new family but you need to start your new family off on the right foot.

If I was you I would just let them all know where you stand, ( tell them, dont be walked all over, this is a very important situation!) to you, and it is an offense, whatever age you are, it is illegal to rape somoene else, so speak up for yourself, and you have all of my support.
we will sit upon the rocks,
and see the sheperds feed their flocks
by shallow rivers, to whose falls
melodious birds sing madrigals.
brielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Siblings