-Removed-

For any problems related to sexuality, coming out & gay relationships.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

-Removed-

Postby splodge » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:46 pm

-removed-
Last edited by splodge on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
splodge
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Hailie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:26 am

Hello

is it possible she freaks out every time u mention it coz deep down she already no's you are a lesbian and is scared to face it? plus if you did tell her do you think she would disown you or just be angry for a while

p.s
who old r u coz if ur young i might be a phase or some thing like
(well atleast that's wot all the adult r alway's saying 2 me)
any way good luck 4 the future hope it all works out 4 ya
Hailie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby splodge » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:42 pm

-removed-
Last edited by splodge on Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
splodge
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby danielle » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:17 pm

my dad hates gay men but i think that if my brother turned out to be gay he wouldnt disown him. he is still his son no matter what.
parents say things they dont mean sometimes but one thing she cant change is her love for you.
its unconditional. a mothers love always is.
just because your gay doesnt mean you have changed does it. :wink:
ALL FOR FUN AND FUN FOR ALL
danielle
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Hailie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:43 pm

i agree with the above, except the part about a mother love is always unconditional that's not always true
(splodge i'm not trying to scare you buy correcting that or nothing)
as my mates mum left when she was 2.

considering your mum has always been there i would think there is a small chance of her disowning you, does any1 no that ur gay? if so were they shocked coz if they were maybe this has got you more scared of telling your mum plus have you got any family members you can confide in like bro/sis they might help put your mind at ease.
Hailie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby splodge » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm

-removed-
Last edited by splodge on Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
splodge
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:59 pm

well i think you have answered you own question you want to tell her your just scared.

what you need to do is find the right time and then sit her down when you feel ready and comfortable and slowly explain to her. if shes been that good of mother in the past she will understand completely because she will know just because your gay does not mean you as a person have changed.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Moose » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:29 pm

Splodge, I'm in the same situation as you, but I'm older, and I don't live at home, so it's easier to kind of carry on with my life without massive interference from the relatives. However, I know one day I'm going to have to come clean, so to speak, and it's going to be terrible. If I thought they would just be angry I would just get on and tell them, but thinking of them getting so upset (when, hello, there's not actually anything to get upset about) worries the hell out of me. I honestly don't know why parents get so worked up about their kids being gay/bi, because hey, there are a lot worse things their kids could grow up to be.
Moose
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby all_apologies » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:56 pm

Ha ha very true Moose!

I'm also in a similar position to you, Splodge. The way things are just now, I don't think I'll ever tell my parents about my sexuality. Although I know I could change my mind in the future, I know for a fact my parents would be totally disappointed in me.

Though I think it's highly unfair, I've got to keep telling myself that if they don't agree then it's their problem. My mum is similar to yours in that she's disgusted by any gay scenes on TV (whether male or female). At the end of the day, though, your sexuality is something that affects only you and your partner. I don't see why other people get so worked up about it when it doesn't even apply to them.

That said, just keep reminding yourself that if liking girls makes you happy, then it's your mum's problem if she can't accept that. You needn't tell her anything you don't want to.
all_apologies
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Sexuality