Help!

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Help!

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:54 pm

Hey there! Am new here and was just wondering if anyone out there could give me a little advice on what to do! Am 20 year's old and wanting to go college to gain some qualifications so i can do a 3 year course at the school of nursing (didn't do GCSE'S due to having a baby). Now am in a bit of a difficult situation here, i have been advised by a student advisor at the college to do two course's (pre access at GCSE level, then Pre access to higher education A level standard) which would take two year's to do, but i was talking to a friend who said why don't i just do GCSE'S which will only take a year and plus if i decided not to be a nurse GCSE'S would be more useful than the Access course's. I don't really know what to do should i do the GCSE'S and try and gain 5 GCSE'S at grade C or above (it would take me 4 years to qualify as a nurse) or should i do the Access course's (which will take me 5 years to qualify)?
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby misatok11 » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:51 pm

Speak to a careers guidance councillor and possibly the college of nursing. Remember it's up to you and what you are comfortable with.
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby emma_leigh_2003 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:22 pm

You don't ruin your life when having a baby, it's just a little set back, that's all! I still have a life, i go out every weekend (her dad mind's her), basically i still do everything that i did before having a baby, just a little bit less than before!
emma_leigh_2003
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby mariamaria » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:06 am

I think that you're best doing your GCSEs rather than the pre-access courses. The GCSEs are really handy if you choose to change the direction that you're going in.

If you're really unsure, you should really go to a Careers Guidance Counsellor. They will really help you to decide. Have you ever been on Kudos? They help you to decide which career option would be best for you dependant on what you enjoy and your grades in school/college.

Take care

God Bless
mariamaria
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Return to Chit Chat