Wild brother

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Wild brother

Postby CrazySexyCool » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:33 pm

Ok basically, I have an older brother who's going off the rails a little bit. Nothing compared to some people but it's getting my whole family down. He's staying away for days on end and doesn't contact either of my parents, my mum and dad worry sick about him constantly. He only ever comes home to get his washing done. But no one ever knows where he's been. He's in for an hour or so then he's off again. We used to be incredibly close but he won't even talk to me about what's going on. What should I do?
CrazySexyCool
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby woopdecker » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:53 pm

You've talked to him about it - it's up to him to come to you or other people in the family, you can't force someone to talk...my brother "Went off the rails" abit when he was younger, your's will realise there is a problem - if there is one...everyone goes through a stage where they'd rather be other places than home...so they stay out as long as they can - in your brother's case it's just a case of days rather than hours...

I think he'll get through the phase...just re-assure him if there's anything you can do you'd do it...within reason. And give him some time...

Gd luck,

Maz
some people never listen. Others never try, with eyes and ears shut tight.. the world just passes them by.
woopdecker
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby lilessexgal » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:30 pm

how old is your brother?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby CrazySexyCool » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:43 pm

my brother's 21 x
CrazySexyCool
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Kruelty » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:01 pm

its called having fun my bro does it all the time :D just try to relax a bit he is probly only going to the pub then sleeping at his mates etc :D just try to chill a bit, and if it bothers ya just ask him :D

Hope it helps
Kruelty
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby CrazySexyCool » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:09 pm

Thanks for your advice. The thing that worries us all is that he's not normally like this. He doesn't drink a lot, as his job involves a lot of driving and he doesn't have many friends since he left school. I wish I could not let it bother me but when I see my parents so upset about it, I feel pretty helpless x
CrazySexyCool
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Siblings