My Little Sister...

For problems with brothers and sisters!
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

My Little Sister...

Postby katie* » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:24 pm

This problem sounds completely out of the blue, but i get bullied by my younger sister who is 8 years old.

At first, i thought it was just childish behaviour - you know, the usual.. hitting, scratching and biting. But its progressed on from that, and i have recieved some awful injuries, including her throwing a toaster at my lower body, and dropping a flower-pot from the second floor onto myself.
This really sounds so bad :oops:

Some of the injuries which i've substained have been looked upon as being given to me by my long-term boyfriend - which isn't true at all, but i feel that i have to cover up the embarrasing fact that these are from an EIGHT year old, and i don't deny that they aren't from my boyfriend. I can't seem to tell anyone about my problem. I've even tried bribery towards my out of control sibling, but nothing works.

My mother and father are divorced, and my sister and myself live with my mother. And she doesn't seem to pay any attention to what is going on :cry:

Does anyone have any advice at all on what to do? Any is really appreciated..
Kate xx
katie*
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby JennaXXX » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:43 pm

She needs to know that her behaviour is wrong. If you let her carry on doing this to you then you will end up seriously injured.
The next time she attacks you tell her that its wrong in a firm voice and that you are not going to tolerate it again. If she refuses to listen then your parents need to be involved. This really needs to be sorted out as she could go on to attack other people outside of the family.
It may be that she is experiencing anger and distress at your parents divorce but there is no excuse to act this way.
Get your parents on your side and work together in stopping this behaviour.
JennaXXX
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby gatekeeper » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:47 pm

I guess she could be displaying some attention-seeking behaviour, esp since you mentioned that your parents are divorced.

Try putting yourself in her shoes, an eight year old girl whose parents are divorced. It's traumatic enough for an adult, what more a child? I know you've probably been very patient with her but try stretching your limits a little. If it's THAT bad, pls talk to your mum about it, at least to get her to get professional help for your sister.
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby katie* » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:06 pm

i take all your comments and advice on board.. i really do.
Her behaviour did take place BEFORE my parents divorce - so wether or not this has made it worse, i do not know :-?
I can't stand this :(
Since my last post she's bit my ankle, and thrown cutlery at me during dinner..
This sounds like a joke
Its so embarrasing :oops:
katie*
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby Kruelty » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:38 pm

Hey, gotta hate siblings like this, glad i wasnt like it :D

Does she take any tablets at all and just isnt taking them? Maybe she just wants attention... Does she get bullied at school etc? Any negative thing could lead to this violence

Hope it helps

Peace
Kruelty
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Postby Hailie » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:10 pm

i don't meen to sound rude but is it possible your mum is depressed that's why she does'nt take any notice and maybe your sister might have ADHD, if your mum or dad can take her to the doctors they will probably spot out the tell tell signs, if she does have it i think there's a medication to calm her down

good luck

p.s
how old r you
Hailie
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby lilessexgal » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:10 pm

i was going to suggest that she might have ADHD aswell. i mean this could be just the way shes acting how ever harsh it sounds it could be a faze she goes through but she might have a behaviour problem which could be helped and controlled. you need to tell your mum all this and make her see what she is doing and how it is effecting you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby gatekeeper » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:05 pm

How old are you? Are you allowed to help her seek medical attention? Is there anyone else who can help you? A teacher, aunt or grandparent?
gatekeeper
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby SunBum » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:40 am

mmm sounds like she needs a good smack...from you !!! I certainly wouldn't put up with that sort of behaviour, judging by some of the things she has done she will wind up really seriously injuring you or even killing you...time to let her know who is boss and what is wrong and what is right.

In my day there was no such thing as ADHD...just badly behaved Brats that needed sorting out and they were too....the ones that weren't were the ones that ended up behind bars.

Mark.
Want Commitment..??? Get a DOG !!!!!
SunBum
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Return to Siblings