No to suicide

For problems with mental or emotional well being.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

No to suicide

Postby joana » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:44 pm

I considered 'ending it all' twice in my life, once when my best friend died of cancer then when i split up with the love of my life. I was told something that will stick to me for the rest of my life and will stop me ever harming myself. When i split up with the love of my life i told her the way i was feeling and she told me that i would be selfish to 'end it all' selfish because i get out the easy way and leave all my friends,family and all the people i love to be upset, crying and putting them in my situation. Life is like appearance, it's the thing we are all different in. yea there are people with better lives than yourself, but just remember there's people with a lot worse aswell, they push on threw and sometimes get into higher places and finally find happiness. so to all the people depressed and thinking of 'ending it all' dont. stay strong push on and show all the people that have ever laughed, bullied or taunted you about your life or appearance because if they have to do that to feel stronger than their the one's that will be looking upto you one day. life's a gift were all given, some choose to show thanx for that gift and make the most of it, just dont be the person who abuses that gift. Just always tell yourself, i could be worse off.
Love Joana
joana
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby peecee » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:19 pm

Well said, Joana! =D> It's all true, and anyone who's seen the effects that a suicide has had on the other family members couldn't possibly disagree.

I've made this a sticky, so pp members can't miss it.

xxxxxxxxx
Shine your light and let the whole world see.
peecee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lilessexgal » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:23 pm

its nice you could share that and well it makes me think a bit about life and im sure it will encourage more people not to do it aswell!

x x x x
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
lilessexgal
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby keithokent » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:55 pm

You are right in what you say but its a bit simplistic. Ive know 2 people who have committed suicide and although it is ultimately selfish action, you have to bear in mind the lows people sink to, to even think about it. I have suffered from depression myself for 15 years and have asked doctors and consultants for help to help myself but ive been told i need to do Cognitive behaviour therapy but have had to wait 18 months for it so far and still no start date. I was in the mental health system for 7 years before even one doctor mentioned CBT to be helpful to me, all the doctors wanted to do was a bit of councilling and some anti depressents.

Over the last 6 months i have gradually picked myself up from being very low to being ok because i was told i would start CBT soon, only to find out i will have to wait longer and longer. This has caused me to lose more hope and feel even suicidal. Ultimately you have to want to help yourself over depression, but when you ask for help with it and the doctors dont give you the help that can make you better long term. I was off work signed off for nearly a year with depression but there was no effort on the doctors or the dhss to increase my self esteem and confidence by letting me do voluntary work even though i asked to do it.

With a lot of depression, certainly with mine, the person suffers from very low self esteem and a lack of confidence, which doctors dont seem to treat, they just want to dish out the anti depressents.
keithokent
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby hob » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:34 am

i have sufferd from depresion for long time to long and one day i asked the only person i have ever belived when they said i love you for help ad they walked away. i ended up having abrake down i was so scaerdi would kill myself. a stranger helped me took me to the docters(who said would help but didnt) and all that jazz.
you say dont kill youself for them its selfish but what if noone realy cears?i feel that way now because of what happend. i dont want to kill myself dont give me wrong when im good i like life-ish but when im down no one loves me why shouldnt i stop the pain?
i gess because someone will give you help if you keep asking. ven if you havent a clue who they are. the kindness of stranges.
hob
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby joana » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:44 pm

Life can be rubbish, can seem pointless and it all seems like know 1 cares for you. you have know one in your life but things could be a lot worse, people have to deal with worse things, just look at what you think you need to do to get out of depression, what you need to do to feel happy and enjoy life. look at it and try change it. nothings worth hurting yourself for. thats what ive come to believe.
Love Joana
joana
Just Landed
Just Landed

Postby hob » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:00 am

i think what you have to understand is for some people life coulnt get worse. and they carnt see it getting any better waht you should be saying is peolpe can help talk to some one.talk to me.
hob
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby ashlee82 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:17 am

I just want to say that there is a way out!. I overdosed a month ago on my antidepressents after swallowing them i instantly regretted it. Depression is one of the worst illnesses to have in my book, and its often treated like a joke or not serious. Anyway right now im feeling loads better than a month ago. If anyone is ever feeling like ending it call the samaritans or even go to your local hospital and ask to see the crisis team. It mean waiting but its better than being at home with no hope.
ashlee82
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby Squidge » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:08 pm

I agree to NO To Suicide, but far too many don't understand the lows people sink to.

It is selfish but it's a mental illness, to get to that point is to be blind to what is around you. You cannot show a blind person what to see. When I attempted suicide and failed, all I remember thinking is 'Damn. Why am I still awake?' then trying it again. You realy come face to face with how resiliant the human body is after you try to destroy it yourself.

Glad you got through it Joana, Ashlee82 and glad you did aswell KeithoKent good luck with your CBT. I see so many people on PP expressing how hard it is to carry on but life does carry you on, and before you know it you are strong enough to carry youself

I have a list the length of a river of the things I've lived through that have tried to destroy me but didn't because I simply carried on living and sticking around even though I felt I realy couldn't. Now there's not one day where I'm not touched or amazed by how beautiful this life and the people in it can be.

Things do turn around, they realy do.

:rainbow:
Squidge
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby brfc » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:36 pm

i try always to stay positive about life. joana is very true in what saying. although it sometimes feels like you have no one. there are some many people out there 4 u. theres always someone worse and better off than you. ive had so many emotions due to my split but im a up beat type of guy. i try my best to stay positive cause there are so many good things in life. got too concentrate on that not the bad side! suicide is the easy way out. picking up the pieces like i have done is hard but better in the long run. what ever life throws at you try too remain strong! things will get better.
brfc
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby morris mouse » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:10 pm

Squidge wrote:
Things do turn around, they realy do.

I agree with "Squidge"---say NO to suicide!!!!!
Life DOES get better.

I was waiting for my "Knight in shining armour" to rescue me!!!
Then I realised--- the "Knight", was, ME
ImageImage
morris mouse
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Postby Sakura Hime » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:22 pm

It's very well said joana. But! It's mean to some persons to say that they are selfish.
Do keep in mind that those who want to end their life don't always see any way out and when they read that they are selfish in their acting, they can either wake up and take good turn in life, or they can feel more misserable and end their life because someone has said they are "selfish".

It is an selfish act, yes. But when you meet someone that is suicidal, the first thing is not to say that it is selfish. It is to make them understand what they have to do.

I say no to suicide, but I rather help others to say it too. :)
Sakura Hime
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby momo1 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:20 pm

The only thing that stoped me is my 4 kids i have felt like it over the past few months because of the way my married life is going maybe its been like it all along but there you go. My kids are my world and just thinking what it would do to them stoped me but it has not stoped the self harm .

Not going to go into it all on here as it is on the boyfriend/girlfriend section. I have knowen people who have commited it and there familys have been devastated
K.T.F ALWAYS
momo1
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby jenu » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:36 am

My mother had taken a bottle of med. when i was 16yrs old and then went and crashed her car and had to be put on life support for 2 days. she then died. So i know first hand about suicide. I agree with the no suicide!
I always say whatever doesn't break me makes me stronger. I would like to think that i am strong. Everyone has the vonerable times when life trys to get the best of them. BUt remember that there is hope. Life as hard as it may be, it is worth living. SOme people are stronger than others. but for the ones who aren't as strong, you can make your self stronger. Just believe that life will get better and that it is worth living. Put a smile on your face and say I will over come any obstacle the life throws at me. I can and will do it.
Good luck to all! Keep your heads held high. :P
jenu
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby jenu » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:36 am

no to suicide
jenu
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Next

Return to Mental wellbeing