Curious...

This area is for general aimless chit chat.
Forum rules
NEW USERS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS TO BE APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. Rules | Essential Information | FAQ | Support | Twitter

Postby X_Smiler_X » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:55 pm

I got roped into smoking when I was only 12, and I continued to smoke till I was 16, then the doctor said I have to stop, as I had the most worst smokers cough, and he said he'd never heard anything like it for a 16 year old. I went on the Nicorete gums, and they taste foul! Dont know if anyone has tried them, but they make you feel so sick.
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby marron » Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:54 pm

I have tried virtually everything to give up smoking. Nicorette gum is fould tasting as you say smiler, its like chewing an ashtray. I did succeed in giving up for a short time last year thanks to hypnosis, but it must have worn off as I'm smoking again now :( Marron xxx
Self fulfilling prophecy
marron
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby X_Smiler_X » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:12 pm

It isn't easy is it? Ok I'll be honest now..I had a cigerette last night! I couldn't handle it anymore, lol. I can't seem to find anything that'll stop me smoking...Marron...we're in the same boat!
Smile at life, and life will smile back at you.
X_Smiler_X
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby misatok11 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:29 pm

well i tried to stop at work. Then it got busy and there was a plane crash and then it got real busy so i needed one. I feel like i had to justify that one. :(
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Enigma » Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:20 pm

I've never smoked. The majority of people I know do smoke - family, friends, colleagues.

I always assumed smoking would put me off a person, and from my experienced that is not true - in the short term.
Enigma
Taken Root
Taken Root

Postby missperfect » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:28 pm

no offence to any smokers but i cannot stand being around a guy whose smokin, not only does it make him unattractive, it makes me choke kills my lungs and makes me look pathetic for being with a person who doesnt know wats gonna kill him at the end of the day, i say this with experience cos i almost lost my dad to smoking, spent a good few weeks sleeping on the rock hard seats outside ICU while he lay in a coma, and ever since my life has been a whole load of sh*t. Umm sorry for gettin a bit off track but i need to vent!

i guess this means im very biased on the whole smokin issue, oh well, life goes on eh?

but for all the people out there that have managed to quit the habbit, you are unsung heroes cos i know the hell my dad (abt 4 packs a day --- no jokes) went thru, even though the words "u smoke u die" are great motivation coming from a doctor.........
missperfect

Postby sovs » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:01 am

I started smoking in december as im suffering from servre post natal deppression. Its an excuse to get away on your own for 5 minutes and it really helps calm my nerves.
sovs
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Postby Deadman001 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:15 pm

Can't say i'm a big fan of smoking, tried it a couple of times and didn't like it, but one of the worst things is where i work we sell cigarettes and the smell of smoke from ppl can really put u off them. sometimes it's so bad u can hardly breathe, personally i hope the ban of it in public places does come in soon.
"I laugh in the face of danger, then i hide until it goes away" -> Xander

"Lay it down, I've always been with you
Hear me now, With all that's within you
Be my savior, And I'll be your downfall"
Deadman001
One of the Crowd
One of the Crowd

Postby misatok11 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:30 pm

As much as i want to stop smoking i can't help bu feel victimised. Drink causes more deaths and is a bigger killer than smoking. Why isn't that banned from public places and why don't they have huge warnings on them? I just think that people think that drinking is more acceptable... :(
misatok11
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Previous

Return to Chit Chat